Locating Customer Account If you have used any other online system provided by the Georgia Wildlife Resources Division you may already have created a customer account. To locate your customer account you will need to enter three forms of identification.
To proceed, enter your date of birth and last name and a third form of identification so the system can check if you have an existing account.
Third Form of Identification You may select one of the following forms of identification from the pull down menu:
- GADNR Customer ID - If you have previously purchased a hunting or fishing license, you were assigned a GADNR customer ID. You may use this ID as your third identifier.
- Last Four of SSN - If you do not know your GADNR Customer ID, you may use the last four of your social security number to look up your existing account.
- Other Document Type - If you know you already have a customer account, but cannot find your customer record with the GADNR Customer ID or last four of your SSN, you might have created your account with another type of document ID.
You might have used one of the following document types:
- U.S. Drivers License - If you could not find your customer account with your Social Security Number or GADNR Customer ID, you might have used your U.S. Driver's License. Enter your U.S. Driver's license number and select the issuing state.
- Non U.S. Driver's License - If you are not a U.S. Resident or Citizen, you might have used your Non U.S. Driver's License. Enter your Non U.S. Driver's license number.
- Green Card- If you are not a U.S Citizen, you might have used your Green Card. Enter your Green Card number.
- Passport- It is possible that you might have used your Passport. Enter your Passport number.
- U.S. Travel VISA - If you are visiting the United States, you may have have used your U.S. Travel VISA. Enter your U.S. Travel VISA number.
Please Note: If the system did not locate your customer account, the system will allow you to create one. If there are any problems when creating the account, you may contact the Help Desk at 1-800-366-2661 from 8:00 - 6:00 M-F, and 9:00 - 5:00 S-S.
Attention Customers: License Requirements Changed July 1, 2017
- The WMA License is no longer available or required. A basic hunting or fishing privilege that allows hunting or fishing on state lands is all that is needed to be present on designated state WMAs, state PFAs, and state shooting ranges. (Big game, waterfowl, trout, or other licenses may also be additionally needed, depending on activity).
- GORP Licenses are no longer available. A license that includes the privilege to hunt or fish on state lands is all that is needed to shoot on state shooting ranges, or be on state WRD lands. All persons 16 and older on designated state WRD lands must have an individual basic hunting or fishing privilege. An individual WRD Lands Pass is optionally available for those that have objections to purchasing hunting or fishing licenses, but the cost for the Lands Pass is higher to make up for loss of federal funds that come with hunting or fishing licenses. Most persons not hunting or not fishing will still want the basic hunting or fishing license; the least costly basic fishing or hunting license for short term or annual use will suffice for basic access.
- The Deer Dog License is no longer available and is not needed as an additional separate license. Just a hunting privilege with big game and a harvest record allows deer dog hunting on DNR permitted deer dog properties.
- The HIP license and the GA Waterfowl Conservation License are no longer available. These were combined into the new Georgia Migratory Bird Stamp. This stamp is always additionally needed for anyone 16 and older to hunt migratory birds including dove and waterfowl, and cost $5. There is a free version for any hunter with a valid Sportsman's License, Optional Multi-Year Youth Sportsman's License, Honorary License or Lifetime License (the system will offer the free rather than paid versions if you hold one of these lcienses). There is a free Resident Landowner Migratory Bird Stamp for residents who hunt migratory birds only on their own property and don’t already have or need a regular Georgia Migratory Bird Stamp.
- The Alligator License is no longer available and is not needed as an additional separate license to hunt alligator. Just a basic hunting privilege allows alligator hunting as long as accompanied by a quota alligator harvest permit holder. The quota harvest permit holder must purchase or obtain their alligator harvest permit.
- Senior Licenses are no longer free for those 65+ years of age with date of birth on or after July 1, 1952. There are lifetime options for these persons: senior lifetime sportsman’s = $70, senior lifetime fishing only = $35, and senior lifetime hunting only = $35. There is a senior sportsman’s annual option for these customers = $7. Senior Licenses are still free for those born before July 1, 1952. The system will show appropriate senior 65+ licenses for each person.
- There are new license types available for residents and nonresidents.
- There are one day licenses available that can be extended up to 11 consecutive days total. As persons approach the maximum number of days, they may find that equivalent annual licenses are equal or less cost.
- There are annual licenses available, and multiples of these annual licenses can be “stacked” to create licenses of any year duration.
- There are lifetime licenses available to seniors online, and other lifetime licenses for non-seniors that must be obtained by DNR paper application or in person at some DNR offices (see WRD web site for details). Discounted lifetime licenses are available for resident veterans and resident active duty military.
- Three year discounted licenses are available to persons that are 100% totally and permanently disabled from DNR only by paper application, or in person at some DNR offices (see WRD web site for details).
- There is an optional 5 year resident youth license. This inexpensive license can be purchased by youth 12 through 15 only, is a full sportsman’s license, and lasts until the customer’s 17th birthday (advantage is not having to purchase a more expensive license at age 16).
- Hunter Safety Certification (HSC) is NOT required to purchase any of the short term hunting licenses. Free Georgia issued Hunter Safety Certification cards (paper version) can now be added to the Cart during any license transaction, if the HSC is showing in the account.
Current / Valid Licenses Held
- Customer’s current licenses and expiration dates display at the top of the license selection page in their customer accounts. Annual licenses stack after the expiration date of the same type current license with no loss of time. Make sure to use the customer number from your printed license when entering the account to see current licenses and facilitate license stacking. Durable License Cards can be purchased for $5 and will display all valid licenses in your customer’s account at the time of printing, except Lifetime, Deer / Turkey Harvest Record and and any short term licenses.
Durable Hard Cards
- Durable License Hard Cards can be purchased for $5 plus a transaction fee and will display all valid licenses in your customer’s account at the time of printing, except Lifetime, Deer / Turkey Harvest Record and and any short term licenses. Lifetime License Cards may be purchased for $10 plus a transaction fee,and are available for selection if you have a lifetime license.
- Free harvest records are required for all turkey and/or deer hunters. They are available to all hunters of any age through the online license system by setting up a customer account.
Salt Water Fishing
- In addition to other required licenses, the free S.I.P. license is required for all anglers 16 and older fishing in Georgia’s salt waters.